This is all the info I have at this stage regarding when the rest of the events will postponed to.

More information will be posted when it is passed down.

Thank you,

Posted in Home

Sunday 2/2 Regional Update

All events currwntly paused hoping some events may resume. Awaiting information about what next steps will be. Please stay tuned.

Posted in Home

Regional Championships Sunday Event Update.

Region 2 update
Sunday program will commence at 7am tomorrow for track and field . The first track events will be the 800m. 3ks will not be conducted tomorrow due to the clash with other endurance events. The 3k’s and remainder of Saturday’s program will be conducted next Saturday 8th February from 9.30am. Please share this direct message with your team members. An update on next week’s program will be sent tomorrow. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Posted in Home

Urgent: Region Changes Due to Hot Weather

Hi everyone – just an update for those who remain at Region today as well as information for those coming tomorrow. While it was not unexpected that the heat would rise to an unacceptable level today, it was very unexpected that it occurred at 10:20 a.m.!  As recommended by LANSW’s hot weather policy (and as I previously emailed could the possible), the remaining events for the day were suspended pending a determination of whether they could resume at 6:00 p.m.  

I have just received notification from the Region coordinator that the competition WILL NOT resume tonight as the heat and humidity levels have not dropped to a suitable level. I will receive an update soon as to how the remaining events from today will be 
As for tomorrow, given the predicted temperatures, it is very likely we will have a repeat of today.  Again, the organisers will try to get as many events possible finished in the morning and then there may well be a mid-day delay of several hours until competition resumes.  I am unable to make individual calls to everyone so please if you need information – call or text me and I will share what I know. I will also ask Carmen to put updates on FB (though there may be a slight delay). 
It is hot but we have had some fabulous results so far – including medals/progression to State Championships and some PBs (which should always be the main goal). It will take some patience but if everyone can remember that all involved with the running of this event (and I’m glad its not me!) is a volunteer. Are they doing everything right? Maybe not. But the circumstances are unenviable, they are not getting paid and it is outside our control anyway. So, let’s just try to have patience and hope for the best and get the best results we can for our TWLA athletes as the remainder of the weekend progresses.  
Please call if you have any questions.  Cheers, Michele (mob: 0432411388)
Posted in Home

Urgent Regional Information

The carnival has been postponed until 5pm tonight. The temperature will be reassessed abd a final devision will be made at 6pm.
If you have not left yet, dont leave yet.

Please share to everyone to ensure they see please 😊

Posted in Home

Urgent: Region Changes Due to Hot Weather

The Region has has made some changes to this weekend’s competition due to the anticipated extreme heat. I will send out some more information later when I get it but the long and short of it is that this weekend’s program will proceed WITHOUT “not before” times, with all timed finals (no heats and finals) and, in the field events, athletes will get three attempts and then the top 8 athletes will get only one additional attempt instead of three. Track events will proceed to be called in order one right after another until finished.

The idea is for everything to go more quickly so that the day will be finished before the heat index gets too high. If it does get too high and events have not yet finished, the event will be delayed until the index reduces – this could mean running the remaining events at 7:00 p.m. or later. This is very unfortunate but it is for safety. On the other hand, if all goes well, all the events will be crammed in between 7:45 and 1:00 p.m. or so (before it gets too hot) which means a short day for all.

In terms of planning, the only thing really that can be done is to come as early as possible, stay in the shade and just wait for your events to be called. Of course bring plenty of sunscreen and water ( spray bottles or even hand towels to wet faces, backs of necks etc). We will have the Terrigal Wamberal tents up at around the 200m start mark.

In terms of the volunteer roster, everyone will still be responsible for the high jump event they signed up for – you just need to listen for the event call rather than rely on the not before time. If anyone has not yet signed up, please do so as we need to fill these slots. We ask that everyone does their part so we do not need to ask others to do extra. There are only a few spots left to fill. Thank you! Here is the link to the signup genius.

The revised schedule will be posted in all the regular spots once available.

Posted in Home

First Competition night back of Little Athletics TONIGHT!!!/showSignUp/4090b49adaa23a3f94-twla2

We are still short 11 shifts from 7:00pm onwards for tonight’s first night back!. These shifts must be filled before we can start the competition tonight.
There are still around 30 families that have not yet done ANY duty.
Please help!!/showSignUp/4090b49adaa23a3f94-twla2

Posted in Home