Urgent: Region Changes Due to Hot Weather

Hi everyone – just an update for those who remain at Region today as well as information for those coming tomorrow. While it was not unexpected that the heat would rise to an unacceptable level today, it was very unexpected that it occurred at 10:20 a.m.!  As recommended by LANSW’s hot weather policy (and as I previously emailed could the possible), the remaining events for the day were suspended pending a determination of whether they could resume at 6:00 p.m.  

I have just received notification from the Region coordinator that the competition WILL NOT resume tonight as the heat and humidity levels have not dropped to a suitable level. I will receive an update soon as to how the remaining events from today will be 
As for tomorrow, given the predicted temperatures, it is very likely we will have a repeat of today.  Again, the organisers will try to get as many events possible finished in the morning and then there may well be a mid-day delay of several hours until competition resumes.  I am unable to make individual calls to everyone so please if you need information – call or text me and I will share what I know. I will also ask Carmen to put updates on FB (though there may be a slight delay). 
It is hot but we have had some fabulous results so far – including medals/progression to State Championships and some PBs (which should always be the main goal). It will take some patience but if everyone can remember that all involved with the running of this event (and I’m glad its not me!) is a volunteer. Are they doing everything right? Maybe not. But the circumstances are unenviable, they are not getting paid and it is outside our control anyway. So, let’s just try to have patience and hope for the best and get the best results we can for our TWLA athletes as the remainder of the weekend progresses.  
Please call if you have any questions.  Cheers, Michele (mob: 0432411388)
%d bloggers like this: